...but this is how it started out.
These three photos were taken during renovation. At this point, Tommy had already installed the new front windows. He was able to make the house livable enough that the family could move in when they arrived in early November 1950. The initial house repairs were done by Tommy and Betty. After an inspection tour by Lt. Gen. Shepherd (USMC CGFmFPac) and Admiral Radford of CincPac in March of 1951, Lt. Gen. Shepherd sent five Marine Engineers to Kwajalein. These engineers worked on a theater, a library, quarters, and completed the renovation of the house.